My name is Oleg Żero and I am a data scientist consultant, specializing in algorithm development.
I possess 10+ years of applied interdisciplinary R&D experience and international, collected through working in all: academic, industrial and start-up environments while living in five different countries.
Privately, a passinate traveller, father and a big enthusiast of a garrage technology of my own production.
- Data analysis & machine-learning (numpy, pandas, sklearn, keras, tensorflow).
- Mathematics, statistics and physics (probabilitstic models, ODE-based models).
- Web development (experience with AWS, Azure, Docker, Django and React.js).
- Technical leadership - brought a start-up tech team from 1 to 12 people on an interdisciplinary project.
- Handling undertainty - created functional prototypes from scratch serveral times in the past.
- Teaching others - take a look at my video courses on Helion (pl) or my youtube channel (en).
- Remote work - working remotely for over 5 years, and nobody complained ;).
Past R&D projects
- Deep Learning Dehydration Monitoring - link - a medical device prototype that made it to the Danish National TV.
- Mobile phone touchscreens - link - reduced prototyping cycles from three weeks down to 3-5 hours using simulations.
- Reverse-engineered a professional software framework - link - created tutorials on how to use professional tools for programming custom hadware.
- Improved a silicon gas sensor - article - improved the design of an optical micro-machined micro systemsensor .
- Invented a very small microphone - came up with the design of an optical microphone of 1.5-by-4.1 µm2 footprint link, conference 1, conference 2.
- Quantum statistics on steroids - link - conducted research that resulted in an ultra-short MSc thesis and got me to a first conference.